Image source: Getty Images
Premium content from Motley Fool Share Advisor UK
Our monthly Fire Best Buys Now are designed to highlight three of our team’s favorites, the most timely Buy from our list of many growth-focused Fire recommendations, to help Fools build their portfolios.
- Amazon’s share price is up nearly 40% in the last 12 months giving investors a great opportunity to buy long-term winners. It’s a bigger business with higher core earnings power than in 2020, but we can buy shares today at the same price as almost three years ago.
- Continue to invest heavily in the future, especially in Prime Video content (Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power and NFL Thursday Night Football premiering in Q3 2022), technology infrastructure to support the rapid growth of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and global fulfillment infrastructure to expand capacity in new geographies.
- Although management reduced its revenue growth guidance for Q4 2022 from 15% to 5%, the ubiquitous ‘everything’ company remains the dominant name in the vast e-commerce and cloud services market, and with substantial investment to maintain its position competitive, it doesn’t seem like the end it seems.
- AWS continues to grow strongly and is extremely profitable, allowing Amazon to weather the current macroeconomic climate and emerge stronger on the other side of the cycle as it turns.
- Growth has slowed but the business continues to generate substantial cash flow, and with its share price at a three-year low and double-digit valuations (price-to-book and price-to-sales) at levels not seen in about a decade, we have a healthy margin of safety with our investments.